Weekends and holidays are more than just breaks from the grind. With a penchant for travel and staycations, those living in the Philippines can take advantage of their days off to recharge, embark on new adventures, celebrate milestones, or reconnect with loved ones—all without leaving the country.
From the bustling streets of Metro Manila to serene coastal escapes, the archipelago offers a plethora of options for those seeking relaxation and adventure. And when it comes to making these getaways truly memorable, Accor’s first-class amenities and exciting offers can elevate the experience. Here are some unique staycation recommendations from Accor.
A vibrant urban retreat in the metro
Manila buzzes with energy, and a staycation in the heart of the metro promises an array of experiences that cater to diverse interests—from gastronomic adventures to premium movie nights.
- Gastronomic indulgence:Wake up to the enticing aroma of freshly brewed coffee, crispy bacon, and a delectable array of options at Food Exchange Manila’s most talked-about breakfast buffet in town. Catering to all tastes, this hearty, hot breakfast is for all to indulge in, with fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy hash browns, and savory sausages. For a healthier start, enjoy fresh salads and fruits. Experience live cooking stations where chefs prepare made-to-order omelets, pancakes, and waffles. Enjoy the inviting ambiance of the dining area, perfect for catching up with loved ones or planning your day’s activities.
- Complimentary access:At Novotel Manila Araneta City, elevate your staycation with complimentary access to InBalance Fitness and our refreshing swimming pool. The fitness center offers a range of equipment and knowledgeable trainers to cater to your fitness needs. After a satisfying workout, unwind in our sparkling swimming pool, perfect for laps or relaxation. Make the most of your staycation with complimentary facilities, whether you want to stay active or simply enjoy some leisure time.
- City of Many Firsts:Araneta City’s latest transformation is coming to life with the gradual opening of stores and attractions at the New Gateway Mall 2, an exciting new development that offers additional choices for shopping, dining, entertainment, and leisure at the City of Firsts.
A much-awaited mall attraction is the 1,000-capacity Sagrada Familia Church with a unique design inspired by a miter, the traditional headwear worn by Bishops. Additional cues are provided by The Oculus in Manhattan, New York City with the all-white structure that features a high ceiling design and glass panels for a soothing and calming ambiance.
Guests can make the most of their staycation in the city with Novotel Manila Araneta City’s Sparkle’N’ Stay promo, which combines gastronomy and relaxation in one unforgettable experience. This package offers an overnight stay for two adults and two kids, 30 percent discount for sumptuous breakfast buffet at Food Exchange Manila, 10 percent discount on all food and beverage outlets, and complimentary access to InBalance Fitness and swimming pool. Guests can also enjoy a special welcome amenity set upon check-in. This offer is exclusively available on My Novotel Manila Boutique until October 31, 2023.
An indulgent escape in Clark
For those who seek a balance between adventure and indulgence, Clark offers an ideal destination within the province of Pampanga. Home to Clark International Airport, one of the major airports in the country, Clark is a popular tourist destination for culture, business, entertainment, or a quick getaway.
- Culinary and cultural immersion: As a former US military air base, Clark abounds with historical landmarks that tell its story. A paramount stop is the Clark Museum and 4D Theater, which offers an immersive journey into Clark’s history and Pampanga’s culture. Notably, Pampanga is dubbed the Culinary Capital of the Philippines, making it imperative for visitors to indulge in authentic Kapampangan cuisine at local restaurants.
- A golfer’s delight:Aside from being a cultural and culinary destination, Clark is also a golfer’s haven. Avid golfers can pick up Swissôtel Clark’s Ultimate Golf Getaway package, which includes an overnight stay for up to two persons, a golf game at Mimosa Plus Golf Course, access to a Mimosa golf cart, packed snacks for players, round-trip transfers to Mimosa Plus Golf Course and Swissôtel Clark, and buffet breakfast at Markt, Swissôtel Clark’s European all-day dining restaurant. This offer is available until November 30, 2023. For those seeking relaxation after a round of golf, the hotel also offers the Swiss Wellness Package, starting at P14,183 per night for weekday stays. The package includes a 60-minute refreshing relaxation massage for two at Purovel Spa and a breakfast buffet for two at Markt.
- Dining for days:For food enthusiasts looking to savor exquisite flavors, Swissôtel Clark offers a wide range of cuisines with its 10 dining options, including a delectable three-course steak dinner with the hotel’s Verona Steakcation package. Guests can indulge in an Italian-themed dining experience for two at Ristorante di Verona, a complimentary breakfast for two at the Markt, and a rejuvenating overnight stay in a Premium Room. Available until November 30, 2023, this package showcases the harmony between relaxation and gastronomy.
Coastal bliss in Boracay
Boracay’s white sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters can lure anyone to a serene and nature-centric staycation. With relaxing scenic views and thrilling island escapades, this tropical paradise emerges as an ideal destination for anyone in need of rejuvenation.
- A world-class spa experience: When in Boracay, de-stressing becomes effortless through a selection of premier pampering options across the island. For a truly indulgent and lavish experience, the Sagay Spa at Mövenpick Resort & Spa Boracay offers a signature spa treatment that uses heated sagay shells, a unique twist on traditional hot stone massage therapy. The Sagay Regenerating Ritual helps relieve sore muscles and enhances skin softness, thanks to the enriching calcium content found within the sagay shells.
- A sunset picnic:Boracay’s famous sunsets provide an enchanting backdrop for a tranquil and intimate late afternoon picnic. At Mövenpick Resort & Spa Boracay, families and friends can enjoy a three-course dining experience amid the breathtaking coastal scenery with the Sunset Picnic package at Sol Mara Beachfront Garden or Pool Gazebo. The package is not only popular among couples, but can also can be enjoyed by larger groups.
- Island-hopping adventures: A Boracay trip would be incomplete without embarking on an island-hopping tour to revel in vibrant marine life and pristine waters. The tour takes visitors on an exciting journey to Boracay’s top attractions such as Puka Beach, Crystal Cove, and Crocodile Island. These stops offer the perfect settings for sunbathing, swimming, and snorkeling. Among these destinations, the Coral Garden emerges as the highlight, offering tourists an opportunity to explore the vibrant and mesmerizing corals and other marine life beneath the surface.
Embrace the limitless experiences with Accor
From city to coast, the Philippines’ diversity comes alive through Accor’s offerings, ensuring that each staycation becomes a cherished memory. With ALL—Accor Live Limitless, Accor’s lifestyle loyalty program—members can earn rewards, unlock exclusive perks and privileges that amplify their experiences. Becoming a member of ALL is simple and free of charge. Visit all.com to join.
“Filipinos have an innate love for quick getaways, making the most of weekends and holidays to create lasting memories,” said Garth Simmons, chief executive officer of Accor’s Premium, Midscale & Economy Division in Asia. “Accor’s commitment to excellence and innovation provides the perfect platform to elevate these experiences. Whether you’re exploring a city, indulging in culinary delights, or embracing nature’s beauty, Accor is your partner in crafting unforgettable staycations.”